1 dead, 3 injured in San Francisco Bay Area shooting – SFGATE
One man died, and three others are recovering from gunshot wounds. The shooting happened after a fight broke out at a 24 Hour Fitness in Contra Costa County.
Police say a confrontation started in the Jim’s basketball court, then escalated once it came to the parking lot. The victims that were shot and injured took themselves to the hospital.
Police say that after an argument outside a gym, two people pulled out guns and shot four people. Several vehicles and people in the parking lot fled the scene, and two suspects were detained.
The shooting began just before 2 a.m. When gunfire erupted at the gym on August 1, it killed 34-year-old Brandon Broadnax. He was married and fathered 3 children.
One suspect was taken into custody and another suspect was still outstanding. The 32-year-old suspect that was found was jailed under a $250,000 bond.
A person was shot and killed after an altercation at a 24 Hour Fitness facility. Several people fled the scene in multiple vehicles, and two suspects have been detained, but no arrests have been made.
SAPD Chief William McManus says the killing was random and there was no connection between the victim and the shooter. Police told people to avoid the area while it was under investigation, but there is not a current threat to the public.
For more information on this story, please consider the news outlets listed below to stay in the know.
- 1 dead, 3 injured in San Francisco Bay Area shooting SFGATE
- 1 Dead, 3 Injured in Gunbattle After Fight at 24 Hour Fitness in Brentwood: Police NBC Bay Area
- Updated: 1 Dead, 3 Others Wounded in Shooting Outside 24 Hour Fitness in Brentwood EastCountyToday
- ‘It was entirely random,” Chief McManus says of LA Fitness slaying KENS5.com
- 1 dead, 3 wounded in shooting at Brentwood 24-hour Fitness KTVU FOX 2 San Francisco
- View Full Coverage on Google News