One child, 3 teens accused of viciously attacking woman in California – Fox News
Three children, ages 11, 13, and 14, and an 18-year-old beat and robbed a 70-year-old Asian woman inside her San Francisco apartment building last month, police said. Two of the suspects have been arrested, and the attack was recorded on surveillance video.
The suspects approached the woman outside her Chinatown building and beat and robbed her before fleeing, said San Francisco Police Chief Bill Scott.
The 14-year-old suspect has not been located, but there is a warrant for his arrest. The 11-year-old suspect was arrested in Santa Clara County and was transferred to Alameda County.
SFPD Lieutenant Kevin Healy said video of the attack was key to identifying the suspects. The 18-year-old was known to multiple police departments across the Bay Area.
DA Jenkins says the 18-year-old will be charged in adult court, and the juveniles will proceed through the juvenile system.
Police Chief Bill Scott called the ages of the younger suspects sad and shocking. He said the 11-year-old won’t be charged in the case due to his age. The other three face robbery, elder abuse, false imprisonment and conspiracy charges, Scott said.
The District Attorney, top city officials and police gathered to publicly announce the arrest of two men in the attack of a woman in San Francisco’s Richmond District. They also vowed to end the cycle of attacks against the Asian community.
For additional information on this story, check out the news outlets listed below.
- One child, 3 teens accused of viciously attacking woman in California Fox News
- San Francisco Police Says Suspects in Attack on Elderly Woman Are Ages 11 to 18 NBC Bay Area
- Children involved in attack on elderly Asian woman in San Francisco KTVU FOX 2 San Francisco
- SF police announce 4 suspects, including 3 juveniles, in assault of 70-year-old Asian woman SFGATE
- Suspects In Attack On Elderly Woman In San Francisco Are Ages 11 To 18, Police Say HuffPost