Hurricane Ian has moved past Florida and into the Carolinas. It made land fall as a categorey 5 significant hurricane. There is video coming in showing the absolute destruction it left in the wake.
Here is video this morning from NBC:
For now partisan political agendas are taking a back seat as both Republicans and democrats work together to help Florida kick off recovery efforts.
According to President Biden, the damage in Florida caused by Hurricane Ian is likely to be the worst in U.S. history, and every effort is being made to save lives.
“Our nation is likely to suffer one of its worst natural disasters in history as we see the scale of that destruction,” he said.
Governor Desantis said that he asked President Biden for Federal support for the next two months which will include special recovery funds to help the state clean up and rebuild.
For more on this story, please consider these sources:
- Ron DeSantis changes with the wind as Hurricane Ian prompts flip-flop on aid The Guardian US
- Hurricane Ian approaches the Carolinas, heavy flooding expected | LiveNOW from FOX LiveNOW from FOX
- The Jolt: A test for Kemp as Hurricane Ian nears Georgia coast The Atlanta Journal Constitution
- Hurricane Ian’s lesson for LI: Be prepared Newsday
- Powerful Hurricane Ian leaves destruction in its path WPLG Local 10