(AbsoluteNews.com) – A rash of shootings rocked communities in the midwest over several weeks in September and October. Six people lost their lives in Missouri and Kansas. Authorities now believe they have the person responsible for the murders in custody.
On November 5, the FBI arrested 25-year-old Perez Reed as he got off a bus in Independence, Missouri. He’s being held in a federal facility on a charge of transporting firearms across state lines with the intent to commit a felony. St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Wesley Bell also charged him with two counts of first-degree murder and one count of first-degree assault.
TONIGHT: Investigators says Perez Reed is in federal custody after being captured by the FBI task force.
He's charged right now with the murders of Marnay Haynes, 16, and Lester Robinson.
Police says gun connects him with other homicides in the city. https://t.co/nHh51JstJJ
— Alexis Zotos (@alexiszotos) November 8, 2021
The murders include:
- Marnay Haynes, 16, who police found dead on September 13 in St. Louis County;
- Pamela Abercrombie, 49, who authorities also found dead in St. Louis on September 16;
- Casey Ross, 24, who St. Louis police found dead of gunshot wounds on September 16;
- Lester Robinson, 40, who died from a gunshot wound on September 20 in Ferguson, Missouri;
- Damon Irvin, 35, was found dead on November 1 with fatal gunshot wounds in Kansas City, Kansas, and;
- Rau’Daja Fairrow, 25, was found dead on November 2 in Kansas City.
Police suspect he used the same .40-caliber Smith & Wesson pistol to kill all his victims.
You Deserve the Absolute Truth!
Copyright 2021, AbsoluteNews.com