Kidnapped runner Eliza Fletcher died of a gunshot wound to the head, autopsy says – NBC News
Eliza Fletcher, 34, had a gunshot wound to the back of the head and blunt-force injuries to her right leg and jaw fractures, according to an autopsy. This autopsy report explains what happened at the end of this woman’s life after she went missing during a run.
After her body was found, police noticed vehicle tracks and a smell of decay near the driveway of a duplex. Police detected the DNA of Cleotha on a pair of sandals found near where Fletcher was last seen. They also found purple running shorts consistent with Fletcher’s clothing.
Police said Fletcher was forced into a vehicle after a struggle on the University of Memphis campus, and her body was found behind a vacant home after a massive police search lasting more than three days. Cleotha Henderson has been charged with first-degree murder and kidnapping.
The killing of Fletcher, a mother of two, shocked the Memphis community and led to a flood of support for her and her family.
After being charged with killing Fletcher, Henderson was charged with raping a woman in September 2021. He spent 20 years in prison for kidnapping a prominent Memphis attorney in 2000.
These kinds of kidnappings are extremely devastating to the local community and loved ones. For additional information on Eliza Fletcher’s autopsy, please consider the news outlets listed below to stay in the know.
- Kidnapped runner Eliza Fletcher died of a gunshot wound to the head, autopsy says NBC News
- Eliza Fletcher autopsy report released WREG News Channel 3
- Autopsy says Tennessee teacher died of gunshot wound to head Yahoo News
- Autopsy reveals cause of death in Eliza Fletcher murder case WATN – Local 24
- Tennessee woman Eliza Fletcher died from gunshot to the head: autopsy Fox News
- View Full Coverage on Google News