WATCH: Chick-fil-A employee tackles carjacker outside Florida restaurant, deputies say – WESH 2 Orlando
Chick-fil-A is the last place someone would expect a daytime fight to break out.
A 43-year old man named William Branch was charged with carjacking with a weapon and battery after he allegedly attempted to carjack a woman with a baby outside a Florida Chick-fil-A restaurant.
The woman was carjacked by this suspicious man while helping her infant out of the car at Chick-fil-A. A Chick-fil-A employee intervened and punched the man in the face, but was not seriously injured in the altercation.
Police arrested Branch after the unknown Chick-fil-A worker tackled and latches onto him. Social media users commended the unknown worker for his bravery.
The worker can be seen wrestling with a suspect while the woman stands by holding a baby. A bystander shouts: “How dare you!”
The employee says Branch had been involved in another incident shortly before the carjacking attempt. The sheriff’s office applauded the employee’s quick actions in stopping the carjacking.
Mykel Gordon, the Chick-fil-A employee, stopped the suspect from fleeing so that an arrest could be made. The operator of the Chick-fil-A branch said he is grateful for the employee’s selfless act of care.
Gordon received a Community Service Award from the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office.
To learn more about this story, check out the news outlets listed below to stay in the know.
- WATCH: Chick-fil-A employee tackles carjacker outside Florida restaurant, deputies say WESH 2 Orlando
- Watch: Chick-Fil-A Employee Tackles Man Accused Of Carjacking Woman Holding Baby NBC News
- Chick-fil-A worker praised for helping a woman with a baby who was being carjacked, deputies say CNN
- Florida Chick-fil-A employee saves ‘screaming’ woman with a baby in would-be carjacking Fox News
- What you can expect from the newest tropical depression in the Atlantic msnNOW
- View Full Coverage on Google News