Connecticut mom killed her 3 kids before taking own life: cops – New York Post
Police say Sonia Loja killed her three young children before taking her own life. Investigations show that the children were strangled to death. The children were 12, 10, and 5 years old.
The tragic event occurred in Danbury yesterday. The bodies were taken to the medical examiner’s office, and autopsies are scheduled for Friday.
Investigators learned that the mother and children lived at the house with two other adults who were not present when the police arrived.
The father of the family came home to find his children dead, and he called 9-1-1 for help.
At around 6:30 p.m., police said they responded to the father’s call at 10 Whaley St. and found three deceased people, all juveniles. They also found a deceased female in a shed in the backyard. It appeared that the female hung herself.
BREAKING: Danbury police confirm Whaley St. deaths are a triple murder/suicide. They identified those involed as Sonia Loja, 36, and her three kids–Junior Panjon, 12; Joselyn Panjon, 10; Jonael Panjon, 5. Police say Loja strangled her three children, then hung herself. @News12CT
— Marissa Alter (@MarissaAlter) July 28, 2022
Neighbor Atkin Guishard said he was shocked and horrified by the violent deaths, adding that it was a tragedy that he couldn’t fathom happening in his quiet neighborhood.
Ralph Biaugher said he didn’t understand the tragedy and said he never saw police activity in his 25 years living there. He said children were often seen playing in the yard and nothing out of the ordinary happened.
Mayor Dean Esposito said the community grieves for the innocent lives taken from us and that mental health and counseling services will be provided in the coming days.
For more updates on this chilling story, please consider the news outlets listed below.
- Connecticut mom killed her 3 kids before taking own life: cops New York Post
- Police: 3 children, 1 woman found dead at Danbury home CBS New York
- Connecticut mom strangled 3 kids before hanging herself in shed in apparent triple murder-suicide: Cops Fox News
- Police expected to provide update after 4, including 3 children, found dead at Danbury property News 12 Connecticut
- Three young kids, woman found dead in Connecticut home New York Post
- View Full Coverage on Google News