Dallas airport shooter has claimed to be Chris Brown’s wife – New York Post
Portia Odufuwa, 37, has been identified as the woman suspected of opening fire at Dallas Love Field Airport Monday.
Odufuwa was shot and wounded by cops after opening fire inside Dallas Love Field airport on Monday. She had a lengthy history of mental illness and serious crimes, including bank robbery and even arson.
In 2019, Odufuwa was found staring at a burning house. She told the police that she was “responsible” for the fire and claimed to be ‘God’s prophet. The owner wanted to pursue charges.
On multiple occasions, Odufuwa gave authorities Chris Brown’s address and referred to him as her husband. She would make these bold claims after being caught and showed signs of mental illness.
Odufuwa’s alleged confessions were ultimately not filed because of a lack of scientific evidence, and she underwent both inpatient and outpatient treatment.
The most recent case cited in the report ended with an almost identical outcome: Odufuwa was found incompetent to stand trial and the case was dropped. It was unclear what mental health diagnoses Odufuwa has that led to her being found incompetent.
Oduwufa, 37, was accused of handing a teller a note demanding money. The FBI is assisting Dallas police in the airport investigation.
The shooting happened near the entry and did not involve the Transportation Security Administration checkpoint, authorities said. The airport suspended operations after the 11 a.m. shooting.
For more updates on this story, check out the news outlets listed below to stay in the know.
- Dallas airport shooter has claimed to be Chris Brown’s wife New York Post
- NOW: Love Field Airport shooting update WFAA
- Dallas Love Field Airport shooting: Police ID suspect as Portia Odufuwa, a 37-year-old Texas woman Fox News
- Woman who fired inside Love Field once said she was ‘God’s prophet’ The Dallas Morning News
- Dallas Love Field shooting suspect shot by police, no one else injured FOX 4 Dallas-Fort Worth