Deputies ‘ambushed,’ killed while serving warrant, Cobb County sheriff says – WSB Atlanta
Two deputies with the Cobb County Sheriff’s Office were killed Thursday night after being shot. The shooters were identified as Christopher Cook and Christopher Golden.
The two deputies killed were attempting to serve a warrant on three felony counts of theft by receiving and three felony counts of theft by deception. The two suspects are currently in custody and are being held at the Cobb County Police Department for questioning.
Multiple jurisdictions responded to the house where the deputies were ambushed, and the suspects were taken into custody around 12:15 a.m.
Cobb County Sheriff Craig Owens plans to speak one day after the deadly shooting of these two deputies. The suspects, Christopher Cook and Christopher Golden, heard their charges in court on Friday.
Channel 2’s Kristen Holloway talked to a neighbor, Tiffany, who was stranded outside the neighborhood as the situation unfolded. Tiffany said the community came together and provided snacks and drinks for investigators.
Law enforcement agencies across the state reacted to the deadly shooting, with the governor offering his condolences and saying he owed the two fallen deputies a debt of gratitude.
After the two deputies were murdered at a nearby home, the Cobb County Sheriff’s Visitor Center lowered flags to half-staff.
To learn more about the death of these deputies, please consider the news outlets listed below to stay in the know.
- Deputies ‘ambushed,’ killed while serving warrant, Cobb County sheriff says WSB Atlanta
- Suspects accused of killing two Georgia sheriff’s deputies surrender after standoff: police Fox News
- ‘Heartbroken’ | Two Cobb County deputies killed in ambush 11Alive
- “We are heartbroken:” Neighborhood helps out deputies after fatal shooting devastates community WSB Atlanta
- Sheriff: Slain Deputies Ambushed Serving Warrant in Georgia The Epoch Times
- View Full Coverage on Google News