Video shows NYC dollar-store shoplifters putting worker in chokehold: cops – New York Post
A duo tried to rob a Bronx dollar store and put a 23-year-old female worker in a chokehold. The victim said she was scared to come back to work.
An unidentified man and woman tried to leave the Family Dollar Store with a cart containing goods, cops said. A worker said she thought the thieves would have gotten away with $400 worth of goods.
The employee said she was the first time seeing the couple and that they came in with an empty cart and were heading out with loads of food, towels, bed sheets, and laundry detergent without paying.
She attempted to defend herself as she was being beaten by the man and woman. She suffered minor injuries as a result.
This is not the first incident of assault either. A man attacked a store worker with a box cutter in January, three months after another man had tried to steal from the store.
Last week’s assaulted worker said the store needs more security because people are stealing there practically every day.
A female thief and a man are being sought for stealing jewelry and cash. They were last seen wearing black pants, a white t-shirt and black Adidas sandals.
To learn more about this shoplifting case, check out the news outlets listed below.
- Video shows NYC dollar-store shoplifters putting worker in chokehold: cops New York Post
- Bronx store employee beaten as she tried to stop robbery PIX11 News
- Police: Man, woman rob Bronx Family Dollar store, employee put in chokehold CBS New York
- VIDEO: Shoplifters beat, choke gutsy Bronx Family Dollar store worker: ‘When I see theft, I feel so bad’ New York Daily News
- Caught on video: Bronx Family Dollar robbed, employee put in chokehold CBS New York