Top-Rated, Breaking News in Under 3 Minutes from Absolute News
No Images? Report Not Sp@m Above to get Beautiful Images and Full News User Experience.  Brought to you by Absolute News.
Featured Today
Two officers hit in shootout following car chase

PHILADELPHIA, PA - A high-speed chase in Philadelphia culminated in a gunfight early Sunday morning, leaving two police officers and a suspect injured, according to city law enforcement officials.

The incident began around 2:30 a.m., when police responded to reports of gunfire. Officers on the scene identified a pickup truck driven by a man suspected to be involved in the reported shooting. The suspect initially halted when an officer activated his emergency lights, but as the officer approached on foot, the suspect sped off.

A second sighting of the truck led to a pursuit, which ended when the suspect rammed his vehicle into a police car. Exiting his truck, the suspect opened fire on the police. Four officers returned fire, hitting the 40-year-old man at least once. The suspect was rushed to a hospital where he underwent surgery and remains in critical condition.

Among the wounded officers, a 32-year-old nine-year veteran of the force suffered a minor wound to his nose, while a 31-year-old officer with six years of service was shot in the ankle and grazed on the head. Both officers were hospitalized, with the latter in stable condition. Their injuries are not considered life-threatening. The police vehicle they were in was the one rammed by the suspect's truck, and it was also hit by several bullets, shattering its rear passenger window.

In a press briefing, interim city Police Commissioner John Stanford revealed that one of the injured officers had been wounded in a previous shooting, but declined to provide further details. The identities of the officers and the suspect have not been released. No other injuries were reported in the chase or the shootout.

The four officers involved in the shooting have been placed on administrative duty pending an investigation, as per standard procedure in such incidents.

And There's More:
Absolute News Content

Recent headline:

Park fight leaves 14-year-old boy dead

YORK COUNTY, PA - A 14-year-old boy tragically lost his life, succumbing to injuries sustained during a fight at Penn Park, York County. York City Police Department made the announcement on Wednesday. They stated that at about 12:15 p.m., they were alerted about a youth who was rushed to WellSpan York Hospital with stab wounds.

According to the police investigation, an altercation broke out at Penn Park, during which the boy got fatally stabbed. The brawl included three other young victims – two 14-year-old boys and a 15-year-old girl.

The deceased boy was a student at William Penn Senior High School, the York City School District confirmed. A statement from the district expressed their grief and heartbreak over the teen's tragic death.

In the aftermath of the tragedy, the school district announced a shift to virtual learning for William Penn Senior High School and McKinley K-8 for two days, with in-person sessions resuming from Monday. In their social media statement, the district also reassured families that crisis teams would be available at both schools to help students and families cope with the loss.

In a significant development, a 16-year-old was arrested in connection with the stabbing on Thursday. The arrested, Ty'quan Rosario of York, is facing a homicide charge. The police continue to investigate the stabbing and are appealing to anyone with pertinent information to get in touch with the York City Police Department.

Visit Absolute News
137 E Elliot #1553
Gilbert AZ

Intended for: %%subscribers_email_address%%

View Online | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Unsubscribe from All