Florida man took mushrooms before attacking flight attendants, affidavit says – The Washington Post
A passenger who allegedly took psilocybin before boarding a United Airlines flight in Miami last week was arrested after allegedly assaulting two members of the flight crew.
Cherruy Loghan Sevilla was charged with assault for his actions against the flight attendants. Sevilla told investigators it was not the first time he had taken the drug and that he was sorry for his actions.
Cherruy Loghan Sevilla started yelling obscenities and ran around the plane, breaking off a piece of a bathroom door and opening it when a passenger was inside.
Officers tried to subdue Sevilla, but he twisted the arm of another flight attendant during the struggle. Sevilla was eventually handcuffed and continued to yell unintelligible sounds for the remainder of the flight.
Sevilla told the FBI he had taken psilocybin before the flight and remembered being out of his seat, yelling at a loud volume, and touching people that were on the flight. He was charged with assault and interfering with flight crew members and attendants.
All of this chaos occurred on a United Airlines flight. United thanked those who helped handle the situation and followed up with crew members to make sure they were taken care of.
For additional insight on this story, please consider the news outlets listed below to stay in the know.
- Florida man took mushrooms before attacking flight attendants, affidavit says The Washington Post
- Man allegedly assaulted flight crew after taking hallucinogen, affidavit says CNN
- Man Allegedly on Magic Mushrooms Arrested After Assaulting Crew Members on United Flight NBC4 Washington
- Man, high on magic mushrooms, causes chaos on flight from Miami, prosecutors say WPLG Local 10
- United passenger took magic mushrooms, assaulted crew: Affidavit USA TODAY
- View Full Coverage on Google News