Police identify shooter, victims after three officers shot, two residents killed in Haltom City – Fort Worth Star-Telegram
A gunman shot and killed two people and wounded three police officers and a neighbor before taking his own life, police said.
Police were called to a shooting in the 5700 block of Diamond Oaks Drive North about 6:45 p.m. Saturday. A man shot at officers, and they returned fire.
The shooter, Edward Freyman, knew the victims he shot, but the details of their relationship and the motive for the shooting are under investigation.
Police said the two slain victims were Collin Davis, 33, and Amber Tsai, 32. Tsai lived at the home where the shooting started, according to property records.
The wounded officers are Cpl. Zach Tabler, who has been with the Haltom City department for seven years; Officer Tim Barton, with six years of service; and Officer Jose Avila, with five years of service.
One neighbor thought the shots were fireworks for the Fourth of July weekend, but when he looked out his window he saw muzzle flashes coming from Amber Tsai’s home.
Angelo Trevino said he saw three officers pull up and his family pointed them to one victim on the ground. As the police tried to help the victim on the ground the suspect fired on the officers.
After tactical teams arrived, police found Freyman with a handgun and a military-style rifle near two-blocks from the crime scene. He was dead from an apparent self-inflicted gun shot wound.
For more on this story, please consider these sources:
- Police identify shooter, victims after 3 officers shot, 2 residents killed in Haltom City Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- Gunman fatally shoots 2, wounds 3 Texas cops, takes own life Yahoo! Voices
- 2 people dead, 3 officers injured in Texas shooting ABC News
- North Texas shooter kills 2, wounds 3 cops, takes own life KEYE TV CBS Austin
- 2 Killed, 3 Cops Wounded In Texas By Suspect With Assault-Style Rifle And ‘Battle Belt’ HuffPost
- View Full Coverage on Google News