Apple said the vulnerability in its operating systems could be exploited by hackers to take control of a device’s operating system and potentially infiltrate devices through “maliciously crafted web content”.
The security exploit effectively would allow a hacker to monitor and or mimic the user who is the target of the attack.
To update your device go to “Settings > Software Update > Update to iOS 15.6.1”
About Apple security updates
This is from Apple’s Website: “For the protection of our customers, Apple doesn’t disclose, discuss, or confirm security issues until an investigation has occurred and patches or releases are generally available. This document lists recent releases.
If you need technical support for a security issue—for example, to reset your Apple ID password or to review a recent App Store charge—view the Get help with security issues article.”
For more on this story, please consider these sources:
- Apple says hackers may have exploited security flaws on iPhone, iPad, and Macs – BBC News BBC News
- Apple discloses security vulnerabilities in iPhones, iPads, Macs allowing ‘full admin access’ to devices Fox Business
- You should probably update your Apple devices right now CNN
- iPhone Users Urged to Update to Patch 2 Zero-Days Under Attack Threatpost
- You really need to update your iPhone. Here’s how. ABC News