Man charged over flight attendant assault was restrained by AA passengers – Business Insider
A man was caught on video slugging a flight attendant on an American Airlines plane. Law enforcement took him off the plane when it landed in Los Angeles.
Le grabbed another flight attendant by the shoulders and asked for coffee, but was told to wait. He then stood in a two-fisted fighting stance and swung an arm at the crew member but missed, according to the FBI agent’s affidavit.
Passengers helped restrain the man after he allegedly punched the flight attendant in the back of the head on Wednesday, officials said. Alexander Tung Cuu Le, 33, was charged with interference with flight crew members and attendants and faces a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison.
Le began acting erratically after departing Los Cabos leading up to the assault. He was apprehended by several passengers near an exit row.
The FBI affidavit stated that the flight attendant was left unable to carry out their normal duties and was taken to hospital after the flight landed. The crew was still concerned about Le’s behavior and banned him from flying with American Airlines.
The union representing American’s cabin crews said the passenger exhibited “dangerous, life-threatening behavior.” The flight landed safely, and the airline has banned the man from ever traveling on the airline.
For additional information on this flight attendant assault, check out the news outlets that are listed below to stay in the know.
- Man charged over flight attendant assault was restrained by AA passengers Business Insider
- Plane Passenger Punches #FlightAttendant NBC News
- Passenger arrested after seen punching a flight attendant KSBY News
- California man caught on video punching flight attendant now faces charges SFGATE
- Man assaults American Airlines attendant, gets lifetime ban WFAA
- View Full Coverage on Google News