Several roads were closed Wednesday morning due to a fatal crash in Osceola County.
While investigators continue to piece together what happened, the road has been blocked.
Osceola County firefighters responded around 6 a.m. to a crash at SR-60 and Peavine Road, west of Yeehaw Junction.
There were three vehicles involved in the crash: a 2017 Dodge Ram, a 2007 Mitsubishi Box Truck, and a motor coach.
A 52-year-old man from Port Saint Lucie was killed inside a pickup truck, authorities said in an update.
Both semi and pickup truck drivers were airlifted to a hospital in critical condition, according to the FHP.
14 other people on a coach bus suffered non-life-threatening injuries. Officials say the bus was carrying inmates living at a Polk County Correctional Facility who were traveling to Okeechobee for their work-release program.
The Dodge Ram entered the eastbound lanes in an attempt to pass a vehicle traveling westbound, according to investigators. As a result, the motor coach entered directly into the path of the box truck. Both drivers swerved to avoid a crash, but they collided. The motor coach was not able to avoid the collision.
For more on this story, please consider these sources:
- Chopper footage shows scene of horrific Osceola County crash that killed 1, injured 16 WESH 2 Orlando
- 1 killed and 16 injured in Florida crash involving a semitruck, bus and pickup AOL
- One Dead, 16 Injured In Florida Highway Crash NBC News
- 1 dead, over a dozen people injured including 14 Florida inmates in SR-60 crash in Osceola County FOX 35 Orlando
- At least 1 dead, 16 hospitalized in crash on SR-60 in Osceola County WKMG News 6 ClickOrlando