A Woman’s Fatal Stabbing Was Streamed on Instagram, Police Say – The New York Times
The victim was tied to the car’s steering wheel with jumper cables, and the attack went on for over 15 minutes. In a shocking, live-streamed video, drug user Felon Earl Lee Johnson Jr. (35) killed a woman he was on a full days-long drug binge before committing this heinous act.
Not so surprising, police said the killer had been arrested around 5:30 p.m. on a completely unrelated charge after he stole a car and fled officers. After police apprehended Johnson, he admitted to the killing and was charged with first-degree murder.
One poll claims most Louisiana voters support criminal justice reform to cut costs and allow redemption and that “excessive life sentences” are Louisiana’s next frontier. Unfortunately for the victim, in this case, a life sentence was needed to keep Earl Lee Johnson Jr. from killing.
Read more on this at the following additional news sources:
- A Woman’s Fatal Stabbing Was Streamed on Instagram, Police Say The New York Times
- Killer tied woman to steering wheel, stabbed her to death on Facebook Live WBRZ
- Police say murder suspect streamed gruesome killing via Instagram Live WAFB
- Baton Rouge police arrest man in gruesome Facebook live slaying KATC News
- View Full Coverage on Google News
Thank you to our friend at Informing News for contributing this piece.