2 dead as small plane crashes at Ohio car dealership – ABC News
Eric S. Seevers, 45, of Parkersburg, and Timothy F. Gifford, 49, of Orient, Ohio, were killed when their plane crashed at Pioneer Buick GMC- a car dealership. The pilots of the plane were considered to be excellent at their craft by former passengers, and many were left broken-hearted by the news.
The plane that crashed was a 1974 Beechcraft King Air E90. The deadly accident took place Tuesday morning at Pioneer Buick GMC along Ohio 7 north of Marietta. The Ohio State Highway Patrol is investigating the incident, along with the Federal Aviation Administration and National Transportation Safety Board.
Witness Amber Davis works near the dealership and heard a loud screech and an explosion. She went outside and saw black smoke coming from the dealership.
The plane crashed into a car lot at Pioneer Buick GMC, and eight vehicles caught fire. Fortunately, no one was injured that was in the lot. However, the same could not be said for those that were on the plane.
The two occupants were onboard at the time of the crash and were confirmed deceased, according to the patrol. They did not survive the injuries they sustained from the fatal crash.
Footage from the smokey, fire-ridden crash site can be seen in the video linked below.
For any additional details on this devastating crash, please consider the news outlets that are listed below to stay in the know.
- 2 dead as small plane crashes at Ohio car dealership ABC News
- NBC4 live report on Marietta plane crash NBC4 Columbus
- 2 killed in plane crash at car dealership lot near Marietta, Ohio CNN
- Plane crashes near Pike Street | News, Sports, Jobs Marietta Times
- Two Killed When Small Plane Crashes Into Ohio Car Dealership NBC News
- View Full Coverage on Google News