Rare Ingredient Leads to Death of Chef

Rare Ingredient Leads to Death of Chef

(AbsoluteNews.com) – Each year, upwards of 138,000 people die from snake bites. Generally, their deaths are caused by an attack. But that was not the case for Chinese Chef Peng Fan.

Chef Peng loved preparing soup made from the deadly Indochinese Spitting Cobra. The rare delicacy was popular in South China where he had his restaurant. One day, he decapitated the snake and then cleaned his kitchen. He was cleaning up for about 20 minutes when he picked the head up to throw in the trash and it bit him.

The spitting cobra’s venom is extremely toxic. It contains neurotoxins that can kill a person in 30 minutes. The toxins cause paralysis and once bitten, it‘s hard for a person to breathe. The cobras also spit in the eyes of victims, which can lead to blindness.

Sadly, the chef wasn’t able to get anti-venom quickly enough. By the time medics arrived, he was dead.

The chef isn’t the only person to die from a mishap with snakes. An Indian man, 65-year-old Rama Mahto, passed away after he chewed on a snake that bit him. According to reports, the man became enraged after a snake attacked him. He picked up the serpent, and angrily chewed on it and sustained more injuries. After he retaliated, he left the snake on a tree and went to sleep. He later died.

Life lesson: Don’t mess with snakes.

You Deserve the Absolute Truth!

Copyright 2021, AbsoluteNews.com

Robin Cooper is a passionate writer thrilled to share her love of research on Absolute News. Focus on quality and well-researched factual information is critical to Robin. Check back often to see what she has to say.