Schiff Continues Vendetta With New Threat
(RightWing.org) – House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA), one of the main figures behind the attempted impeachment of President Trump last year, looks determined to show that he’s learned nothing from past mistakes. Despite the failure of the impeachment, he’s gearing up to do it all over again.
John Bolton, the splendidly mustachioed former national security adviser sacked by President Trump last September, recently landed himself in hot water over a badly judged book deal. Now Rep. Adam Schiff plans to turn up the heat.
- Last week a federal judge ruled that Bolton’s decision to publish a candid memoir about his time in the Trump administration threatened US national security and potentially made Bolton himself criminally liable.
- On Sunday, Schiff told NBC’s Meet The Press that his committee is looking at ways to bring Bolton to testify before them — even though he admitted he hasn’t actually read his book.
- Schiff isn’t even trying to hide the nakedly partisan goal of impeachment. He told NBC presenter Chuck Todd, “If you don’t act now, and you sort of wait to act and you wait to see what happens in November, is that too late?” The meaning is obvious — he wants to sabotage the president’s re-election campaign with a new impeachment process.
- It appears as if Schiff intends to attack the president based on claims Bolton made in his book, ones the White House have already dismissed as fabrications. For example, Bolton claims Trump told Chinese leader Xi Jinping that he didn’t mind the fact the Chinese were putting their Uighur minority in concentration camps.
- The congressman says the US is in imminent danger because of Trump’s relations with the Chinese dictator. Nobody wants to suggest that Schiff is crying wolf, but just a few months ago, he was claiming the US was in imminent danger because of Trump’s links with Russian leader Vladimir Putin.
- In any case, Schiff might struggle to get Bolton to back a new impeachment process because, despite his well-publicized differences with the president, Bolton wants nothing to do with impeachment.
Schiff has already fired a warning shot across Bolton’s bow. Last week, when quotes from the book started to emerge, Schiff took to Twitter to condemn Bolton’s supposed lack of patriotism. The reason? Bolton says he won’t cooperate with a politicized impeachment – and that’s exactly what Schiff wants him to do.
Copyright 2020, RightWing.org