Russian ally Belarus unleashes rocket air strike into northern Ukraine – New York Post
Officials in Ukraine said neighboring Belarus fired rockets at the village of Desna in the northern Chernigiv region, but no casualties were reported.
Kyiv accused Russia of officially dragging Minsk into the war after missiles were fired at Ukraine from within Belarus’ borders.
Russia used Belarus as a base for its troops to resupply and regroup after the invasion of Ukraine. Still, for the first time since the invasion, missiles have been fired from within Belorussian territory.
Russian planes launched 44 missiles against Ukrainian cities last night from the skies above Belarus.
Let’s not forget Lukashenko’s involvement in Russia’s attacks against Ukraine.
The war has to end not only with a Russian military defeat, but also with regime change in Minsk pic.twitter.com/IpWPCXeYoM
— Visegrád 24 (@visegrad24) June 25, 2022
According to Ukrainian news outlet Pravda, Ukraine was hit by dozens of missiles fired from Belarus on Saturday. It remains unclear what type of missiles were used or if any casualties were reported.
Ukraine’s intelligence agency said Russia is targeting areas surrounding Kyiv, Chernihiv and Sumy in the north to drag Belarus into the war in Ukraine as a direct participant.
A record number of missiles was fired by Russia on Ukraine this night and morning: more than 60, according to the latest figures. Many were launched from the territory of Belarus. They targeted Kyiv, Lviv, Zhytomyr, Chernihiv, Khmelnytskyi, Dnipro, Mykolayiv, Kharkiv regions
— Olga Tokariuk (@olgatokariuk) June 25, 2022
For more on this story, please consider these sources:
- Russian ally Belarus unleashes rocket air strike into northern Ukraine. New York Post
- Ukraine accuses Russia of bringing Belarus into war after missile launches from northern neighbor Fox News
- Russia has launched widespread shelling and airstrikes, Ukraine officials say The Guardian
- Russia Launches Thermobaric Warheads at Ukrainian Targets: Report Newsweek
- Russians launch 30 missiles at military units and facilities in Zhytomyr Oblast mayor of Zhytomyr Yahoo News
- View Full Coverage on Google News