Senate votes to pass $40 billion Ukraine aid package – CNN
The Senate approved a $40 billion military and humanitarian aid package for Ukraine on Thursday, demonstrating the remarkable bipartisan support on Capitol Hill for a massive investment in Ukraine’s war effort.
The Senate passed a bill to provide emergency aid to Ukraine, saying that the United States cannot afford to let Vladimir Putin continue his war against the Ukrainian people.
The bill passed on Thursday would authorize the transfer of $11 billion in weapons, equipment, and defense supplies to Ukraine and allocate $9 billion to replenish the stockpile. It would also provide $8.8 billion for government support and $4.4 billion for international disaster assistance.
- Senate votes to pass $40 billion Ukraine aid package CNN
- The Senate overwhelmingly approves $40 billion in aid to Ukraine, sending it to Biden. The New York Times
- Senate votes final congressional OK for $40 billion Ukraine aid WPTZ
- Senate approves $40 billion aid package for Ukraine CBS News
- Senate passes $40 billion Ukraine aid bill The Washington Post
- View Full Coverage on Google News