(AbsoluteNews.com) – The conflict between Russia and Ukraine is at a critical level, leaving Americans who are in the countries caught in the middle. While the State Department has been telling US citizens for a while to get out of Ukraine for some time, they’re now issuing another ugent warning.
On February 27, the US Embassy in Russia issued a security alert, telling Americans to get out of the country while they still can. According to the alert, numerous countries have closed their airspace to Russian planes and a number of airlines are also canceling flights in and out of the Eastern European nation.
The US state department is advising American citizens to consider leaving Russia immediately.
— Fuad Alakbarov (@DrAlakbarov) February 27, 2022
The embassy has issued a “Level 4: Do Not Travel” advisory for Russia. They also advise Americans still in the country to take the following actions:
- Be aware of their surroundings while out
- Carry their US passport and Russian visas
- Monitor international and local media, also check the embassy for updates
- Stay alert when congregating in locations popular with tourists
- Keep in touch with friends and family
- Make plans to leave the country that don’t rely on the US government
- Create a security plan
Americans should call the US Embassy in Moscow for assistance +(7) (495) 728-5577 or the after-hours number +(7) (495) 728-5000.
You Deserve the Absolute Truth!
Copyright 2022, AbsoluteNews.com