3 Men Missing, Presumed Drowned After Rushing In To River To Save Child.
The men went missing near the Three Mile Slough Bridge in Sacramento County.
Family identified the three missing men as Edwin Rivas, Edwin Perez and Danilo Solorzano. They told KCRA a group of men and children were camping overnight in the Brannan Island State Recreation Area.
A total of five adult males went into the water to try to save a child who was in trouble. One of those men made it back to the shoreline with the child. Another did as well. Three others that went in did not make it back to shore.
This area is known to have a dangerous undertow, a phenomenon where opposite currents move above and below the water. These currents can be very powerful and keep a person pulled under for long periods of time.
Fore more on this story, please consider these sources:
- 3 men missing, presumed drowned after trying to save boy in Northern California delta SFGATE
- 3 men missing after jumping in Sacramento County river to save child Fox News
- Child rescued, 3 men missing near Brannan Island, authorities say KCRA News
- 3 men presumed drowned while saving 8-year-old in Sacramento Delta KTVU FOX 2 San Francisco
- 3 men missing in California after river rescue attempt ABC News
- View Full Coverage on Google News