US diplomat struck and killed by truck while riding bike – ABC News
A State Department employee was killed while riding her bike in Maryland. She was the head of the International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs Section at the embassy.
A truck driver struck and killed Langenkamp, who was crossing River Road. The investigation into the crash remains ongoing, according to the Montgomery County Police Department.
A State Department spokesperson confirmed the death of Sarah J. Langenkamp and said the department couldn’t provide further comments due to privacy and law enforcement considerations.
Police say it was a red 2014 Volvo flatbed truck that struck and killed this diplomat pedestrian on Thursday. Police say the driver was turning right into a parking lot when they struck Langenkamp, who was pronounced dead at the scene.
The investigation remains ongoing according to the Montgomery County Police Department, and no additional information was released as of Saturday afternoon.
The State Department has no further comment on the death of Langenkamp, who was the head of the International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs Section at the U.S. Embassy in Kyiv.
This is not the first incident of its kind. Langenkamp is the second State Department employee to be killed in a biking accident this year. Shawn O’Donnell was one of three people killed in bike crashes in Washington, D.C. in July.
To learn more about this tragic story, please consider the news outlets listed below to stay in the know.
- US diplomat struck and killed by truck while riding bike ABC News
- State Department Employee Struck and Killed While Riding Bike in Bethesda | NBC4 Washington NBC4 Washington
- US diplomat for Ukraine struck and killed while riding bike msnNOW
- Texas woman dead after driver hits her and drives away, police say WFAA.com
- Police identify Bethesda woman struck and killed while cycling | Bethesda Magazine BethesdaMagazine.com