Tulsa shooting: Police confirm four killed in ‘catastrophic’ mass attack on medical clinic – The Independent
Police responded to a call about an active shooter at a physicians’ office building on the St. Francis Hospital campus in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and made contact with the victims and the suspect about five minutes later.
The scene is limited to one section of the second floor of the building, and investigators are interviewing witnesses. The gunman had one rifle and one handgun with him. He was pronounced dead on the scene from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
The Tulsa Police Department cleared the hospital building and set up a reunification site for family members and friends of the victims.
The White House has reached out to state and local officials to offer support.
Debra Proctor, a registered nurse, was in another building on the hospital campus when she heard police sirens ringing out. Says she looked out and saw police lines going up everywhere.
Kalen Davis saw police running with guns drawn toward a building around 5 p.m. local time.
This incident is just the latest in a string of mass shooting in just under two weeks.
This story is still developing and we will bring more information as it becomes available.
For more on this story, consider these sources:
- Tulsa shooting: Police confirm four killed in ‘catastrophic’ mass attack on medical clinic The Independent
- Tulsa, Oklahoma police say 5 dead, including gunman after hospital shooting Fox News
- BREAKING: Multiple People Shot At Tulsa Hospital, Police Report Shooter Is Down MSNBC
- At least 4 dead, others injured in mass shooting at medical building near Saint Francis Hospital Tulsa World
- At least 4 people were killed in a Tulsa, Oklahoma, hospital campus shooting, police say CNN