Friend of SC woman killed after being impaled by beach umbrella talks about what happened – WYFF4 Greenville
A woman was killed after a beach umbrella was blown by the wind and impaled her in the chest, according to authorities.
A friend of the woman and witness of the incident opened up about what happened. Sherry White said she was on the beach with her friend Tammy Perreault when an umbrella flew through the air and impaled Perreault.
Scotty’s Beach Bar in Surfside Beach posted on social media about Perreault’s loss and how she was a kind-hearted local. Several people commented on the post and how much they will miss Perreault.
Perreault, 63, was impaled by the beach umbrella on Garden City Beach on Wednesday and died of chest trauma. A number of good Samaritans and off-duty medical professionals provided initial care to the victim on the beach.
Scotty’s Beach Bar in Surfside Beach posted on social media about the loss of Tammy Perreault and how she was a kind, sweet woman. Several people commented on the post and said that Perreault was a great person.
Beach umbrellas can pose a hazard when they are not anchored properly in the sand and are caught up in gusts of wind. Another woman was killed by a flying beach umbrella in 2016.
For more details on this shocking story, check out the news outlets listed below.
- Friend of SC woman killed after being impaled by beach umbrella talks about what happened WYFF4 Greenville
- Flying Beach Umbrella Impales South Carolina Woman NBC News
- Woman killed on South Carolina beach by umbrella caught up in gust of wind Fox News
- Woman killed after being struck by an umbrella blown in the wind at a South Carolina beach CNN
- Woman impaled by beach umbrella in South Carolina dies, coroner says WBAL Radio