Woman charged with murder, believed man ran over a cat in Cypress – KTLA Los Angeles
A woman’s love for cats cost the life of a man in California.
Hannah Star Esser, 20, was charged with killing a man after accusing him of trying to run over a cat in the street was arrested Sunday and is being held on $1 million bail. It is not immediately clear whether a cat was actually involved in the crime.
Esser was driving in Cypress on Sunday when she confronted a man she believed was trying to run over a cat. She got out of her car and recorded herself cursing at the man, but instead of driving away, she made a three-point turn and drove back towards Victor. Esser then drove toward Victor and hit him, authorities said.
Victor Luis, a beloved father of five daughters, a treasured son, brother, friend, and cousin, was killed by Esser in front of his apartment building.
Esser was arrested Sunday and had an initial court appearance Tuesday. A spokesperson for the district attorney’s office said the crime is still being investigated. As a result of her crimes, she now faces a prison sentence that could last anywhere from 25 years to life.
To learn more about this shocking story, please consider the news outlets listed below to stay in the know.
- Woman charged with murder, believed man ran over a cat in Cypress KTLA Los Angeles
- Cat lover charged with murder for running over a man to save a kitty New York Post
- California woman charged with killing man over cat dispute ABC News
- California woman charged with killing man after accusing him of trying to run over a cat KCRA Sacramento
- Cypress woman charged after running over man she believed was trying to hit her cat CBS Los Angeles
- View Full Coverage on Google News