Dad arrested for allegedly stabbing his wife and 2-year-old daughter to death

A Brentwood man has been taken into custody after allegedly stabbing his wife and 2-year-old daughter to death. Zanoor Jaffari, 31, pleaded not guilty to two counts of murder during his court appearance on Monday. Authorities revealed that Jaffari had recently relocated from Brooklyn to Brentwood and had a history of domestic violence. The tragic incident unfolded on Sunday afternoon when Suffolk County police responded to a distress call from a distraught man. The victims, Misbah Batool, 33, and Iazia Zanoor, 2, were found with stab wounds and were pronounced dead when they arrived at a local hospital to receive treatment.

Upon arriving at the scene on Jefferson Avenue at 4:40 p.m., law enforcement discovered Misbah Batool and her young daughter Iazia Zanoor with severe stab wounds. Despite immediate medical attention, both victims succumbed to their injuries at South Shore University Hospital in Bay Shore. A 5-year-old child who was also present in the residence was unharmed. Zanoor Jaffari, who was experiencing a medical emergency believed to be an overdose, was taken to Good Samaritan University Hospital in West Islip for evaluation before being placed under arrest.

Chief of Detectives John Rowan of the Suffolk County Police Department described the scene, stating that they found both of the stabbing victims with severe wounds. He further explained that Jaffari was initially treated for his medical condition and subsequently charged with two counts of second-degree murder. In contrast, Zanoor’s defense attorney, Lawrence Carra, claimed to be unaware of any history of domestic violence and asserted that his client was a loving and compassionate father. During Jaffari’s court appearance, a dozen of his family members were present to support him. Neighbors also xpressed shock and disbelief upon learning about the incident.

If convicted, Zanoor Jaffari could face a sentence of 25 years to life in prison for the charges of murder in the second degree. The investigation into the incident is ongoing, with authorities working to gather additional evidence and information related to the case.