Woman killed, two injured in shooting at Washington home

A 31-year-old man from Marysville, Washington, has been arrested for allegedly shooting and killing two individuals in separate incidents in Snohomish County. The first incident occurred in Marysville, and the second took place in Edmonds. The suspect was finally apprehended after engaging in a foot chase with law enforcement.

According to the Marysville Police Department (MPD), the initial shooting occurred around 4 a.m. on the 2600 block of 164th Street Northeast in Marysville. Upon arrival, officers discovered a 31-year-old man with gunshot wounds. The man was pronounced dead at the scene despite receiving immediate medical attention. The suspect was not present when the police arrived.

The second homicide took place around 7 a.m. inside a residence in Edmonds, as reported by the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office (SCSO). An older woman was fatally shot, while an adult man and woman sustained life-threatening injuries and were taken to a hospital in Seattle. Two children who were also present in the home were unharmed. All five individuals were related, although the exact nature of their relationships has yet to be confirmed by investigators.

The SCSO is currently working to determine if the suspect had any prior connection to the family. O’Keefe emphasized that all five individuals involved in the Edmonds incident were related. Additionally, authorities suspect a potential link between the Edmonds shooting and another shooting that occurred earlier that morning in Marysville.

The suspect fled from the crime scene in a vehicle as deputies arrived, leading to a pursuit. Eventually, the suspect abandoned the car, and a foot chase ensued. With the assistance of a K-9 unit and air support from the Washington State Patrol (WSP), law enforcement apprehended the suspect. The motive behind the shootings remains unknown.

The community is left in shock and mourning as they grapple with the senseless loss of life and the injuries inflicted upon family members. The identity of the deceased woman from Edmonds has not been released while authorities work to notify her next of kin. The injured man and woman are fighting for their lives, and their condition remains critical.