Concealed carry holder shoots back at drive-by suspect

CHICAGO, IL – A concealed carry permit holder in Chicago reportedly intervened in a suspected drive-by shooting that occurred after a multi-vehicle accident. The incident unfolded rapidly, leaving bystanders in shock and fear for their safety.

Witness Lorenzo Hernandez recounted the terrifying incident, explaining how the sudden eruption of gunfire left him with no time to react. He described the uncertainty that comes with living in Chicago, where violence can erupt unexpectedly. The incident took place in the Southwest Side of the city, where police responded to reports of a drive-by shooting around 2 p.m.

According to Hernandez, the incident involved a car crash with four vehicles and a Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) bus near 47th and Archer. Following the crash, passengers disembarked from the bus, only to be targeted by a shooter in a white Dodge Durango.

During the shooting, a 55-year-old male CTA bus supervisor was hit. The supervisor, who had arrived at the scene in response to the crash, was injured in the gunfire. Hernandez, who was in his SUV near a tow truck driver, also found himself in the line of fire. He feared for the tow truck driver when the shots rang out.

In a surprising turn of events, the tow truck driver, who had a concealed carry permit, returned fire at the suspect. The suspect, who has yet to be identified, managed to escape the scene before the police could apprehend him. The police confirmed that a witness with a concealed carry permit had indeed returned fire on the suspect.

The tow truck driver later revealed that he had been targeted by the shooter before he retaliated. A bullet was discovered lodged in Hernandez’s SUV, which he believes saved him from being hit. The tow truck driver expressed his gratitude to Hernandez, stating that the SUV had shielded him from the gunfire.

The injured CTA bus supervisor was transported to a local hospital in stable condition with a gunshot wound to his thigh. The Chicago Police Department stated that there were no updates on the case and the investigation is still ongoing.