Dead body found inside air ventilation system

CLINTON TOWNSHIP, MI – A discovery of the human body in a college ventilation system has shocked and saddened the community of Clinton Township, Michigan. Jason Anthony Thompson, the 36-year-old man discovered, was reported to have died from asphyxiation in a tragic accident.

Thompson was reported missing on November 1 and was last seen by his family on October 25. The Oakland County Medical Examiner’s Office released reports detailing Thompson’s preliminary cause of death. These reports reveal that Thompson died from asphyxia after becoming trapped in a ventilation system at Macomb Community College.

Thompson’s body was located on November 26 after reports of a peculiar odor at the Macomb Center for the Performing Arts led authorities to investigate. At present, there is no evidence to suggest that Thompson’s death is a result of foul play. A toxicology report is awaited to further understand the circumstances surrounding the incident.

Details provided by the Macomb College Police Department indicate that Thompson entered the ventilation system voluntarily and without provisions like food or water. Thompson reportedly believed he was being pursued by the police, however, investigations found no evidence suggesting active law enforcement involvement. At the time of his disappearance, Thompson had five outstanding arrest warrants.

The Macomb College Police Department’s update offers a chilling insight into Thompson’s last moments. It appears that once Thompson entered the ventilation system, he proceeded to break through barriers and navigate deeper into the HVAC system. Eventually, Thompson entered a vertical, downward-facing duct head-first and became stuck when he encountered a narrow section of the duct. In this inverted position, Thompson was unable to use his arms or legs and subsequently suffocated.

As Thompson was alone and didn’t communicate his predicament to anyone, the incident went unnoticed until the discovery of his body. The discovery has left the adjacent building to be temporarily closed, with classes set to resume on Monday.