Delivery driver shot and carjacked in Philadelphia attack

PHILADELPHIA, PA – A 64-year-old delivery driver found himself injured after a carjacking incident turned violent in the Port Richmond neighborhood of Philadelphia on Sunday evening. The victim, who was making a delivery at the time, was shot multiple times.

The incident unfolded shortly after 6 p.m. when the delivery driver was returning to his car after making a delivery, as confirmed by Philadelphia police. In a sudden and alarming turn of events, he was shot while walking back to his vehicle, resulting in him collapsing.

Local resident Phyllis Kelly, who had just received a delivery from the victim moments before the shooting, expressed her shock “It happened so quick. It’s like, why did this happen?” she questioned, adding that she was in disbelief over the incident. James Thompson, a neighbor living across the street, recounted hearing multiple gunshots and witnessing the victim lying on the pavement. He promptly dialed 911 to seek assistance.

Upon the arrival of the police at the scene, the injured delivery driver was swiftly transported to a nearby hospital. Authorities disclosed that he had sustained gunshot wounds to his chest, torso, and back as he was returning to his vehicle. Currently, the victim remains in critical condition.

The senseless act of violence took a toll on the local community, with residents expressing their concerns about the incident and its implications. Ana S., another Port Richmond resident, lamented the tragedy of an innocent individual merely trying to earn a living.

In the aftermath of the shooting, it was reported that the suspect fled the scene with the victim’s red Jeep. With the perpetrator still at large, residents in the area are left apprehensive about their safety and the unresolved circumstances of the incident.

The recovery of a firearm at the scene by the police provides a lead in the investigation, but the authorities are actively searching for the gunman. Anyone possessing information related to this incident has been urged to promptly contact law enforcement.