Man murders 4 family members, including 2 kids, in stabbing rampage

NEW YORK, NY – Authorities reported a horrific crime occurring Sunday morning, resulting in four individuals being fatally stabbed, including two children. Courtney Gordon, the 38-year-old culprit, was shot dead by police at the scene as he made an attempt to assault two responding officers.

According to the New York Police Department, the victims of this brutal event, yet to be formally identified, included an 11-year-old girl, a 12-year-old boy, a woman in her mid-40s, and a man in his 30s. The fifth individual involved, a 61-year-old woman, remains in critical condition at the hospital following numerous stab wounds.

The shocking revelation was made during a media briefing at Jamaica Hospital Medical Center by Chief of Department Jeffrey Maddrey. He shared that a distress call from a young girl claiming her cousin was killing her family within their Queens residence, prompted the police response.

Upon reaching the site, the police discovered Gordon leaving the premises with luggage. The assailant attacked the officers upon confrontation, resulting in one officer being stabbed in the neck and chest, and the other in the head. The attack was abruptly ended as one of the officers shot Gordon, who later succumbed to his injuries at Jamaica Hospital Medical Center.

The house, set ablaze reportedly by Gordon post the murders, was discovered to have three more bodies inside following the fire department’s intervention. The murder weapon, a typical steak knife, was retrieved by the police within the house.

Chief of Detectives Joe Kenny shared that Gordon, a Bronx resident visiting his family, was previously arrested in relation to a strangulation/domestic violence case in the Bronx.

Praising the commendable actions of the responding officers, one with 28 years of service and the other with 16 years, during the dangerous confrontation was the President of the Police Benevolent Association of the City of New York. He lauded their skill and swift response that potentially saved more lives from being claimed by the ‘madman on a rampage’.

Both officers are currently in recovery at Jamaica Hospital Medical Center while further investigations into the shocking event continue.